In this week’s episode, we dive a bit deeper into the underlying theory behind how random numbers and the importance behind the XOR operator when creating hashes.
This episode does depend on pre-existing knowledge of basic boolean operators. If you aren’t familiar check out this page.
- GNU C Sources: Look for the linear congruential method in __random_r
- Sha1 Js Implementation: A well explained implementation of SHA-1 algorithm
- Md5 Algorithm Wikipedia Page: There’s pseudo code to try implementing in your favorite language.
- https://www.fourmilab.ch/hotbits/ – Get random numbers from Radioactive decay
- https://audionautix.com/ – Music
Podcast: Play in new window | Download