Sorry about the recent errors in the tutorials, you try to fix one thing and ten more seem to pop up. Apparently google has spidered this page(rather unexpecatedly, I might add) before I was fully ready to unviel the SDL series – my fault for putting them up. All is good now, as I believe I’ve found all the errors in the first one, and am on the lookout for people visiting now. Thanks to everyone that emailed me encouragement to continue the series – I plan to, although a bit more carefully. I don’t want to spend my life editing tutorials instead of writing them.
I’ve gotten a bit bored with the site look and layout, and since I plan on posting a couple new projects, expect to see some changes shortly. I’ve started moving toward generating all these pages via scripts(but keeping them static on the server), to make editing news, and adding tutorials a bit easier. The next set is in the works, but after I put them up(there are 3 more), I’m going to take a timeout to make this site a bit more managable – in addition to reformating the older tuts.
Distro news, not much new to report here, except that I’ve decided I hate RPMs. I hate that the LSB requires RPM compatibility. SPEC files are the devil.